Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

SDAIE Strategy

A stressful SDAIE strategy that I have used in my class is cooperative learning. I often have my students pair and share. By doing this pair and share, an English Learner will have an opportunity to speak to a peer in a more personalized setting. This setting may be more beneficial for the English learner because he or she may be more comfortable not only speaking to a peer, but just one or two peers, as supposed to the whole class. I have seen this be an affective method in my classes with the one English learner that I am teaching. When the students are in their groups of two, she is always engaged in the discussion, showing evidence that the method of cooperative learning is at least affective for this student.

No comments:

Post a Comment